EXPERIENCE ESTONIAN CULTURE in Põltsamaa
Package type: full day tour
Season: January – December
For whom: individuals / groups
Service includes: guided tour + workshop + dining
Programme duration: 1 day
Type of transport: private transfer / tour bus
Distance: Tallinn 127 km, Tartu 60 km, Riga (Latvia) 272 km
Discover Estonian culture in a green and romantic town in the center of Estonia – Põltsamaa. This small destination features a castle with rich history, dating back to 1272. Come and discover local handicrafts, art pieces, wine and history.
• Guided tour in Põltsamaa castle, which includes:
Põltsamaa museum – an overview of Põltsamaa castle and countryside life in Põltsamaa area;
Lutheran church – a beautiful church with magnificent stained-glass windows;
A walk in the castle yard – learning about the castle walls and buildings inside the walls.
• Wine degustation in Põltsamaa wine cellar. Learning about local wine culture. Wine degustation also includes the selection of local cheese.
• Food museum – a small museum room exhibiting the food industry in Põltsamaa. First tube food for cosmonauts was made here.
• Handicraft shops and Central- Estonian art gallery – local handicrafts and pieces of art.
• Handicraft workshops – make something with your own hands – a rose, a card, a glass ornament, a clay souvenir, etc.
• Dining in the castle restaurant – delicious local food.