Package type: 2 day trip
For whom: individuals
Services included: hotel accommodation and breakfast. Other services – optional.
Type of transport: individual transport + public ferry
Address: Hotell Gullvivan, Björnholma, Brändö 22920, Åland
Distance from the capital: 2,5 hours from mainland Åland, 2 hours from Turku, Finland. Tickets for cars, motorcycles, caravans and other motorized vehicles can be purchased onboard the ferries.
Hostess: Eva Nordlund
The hotel is located in Björnholm, one of the islands in Brändö municipality. The hotel and restaurant Gullvivan is located on its own small grounds, yet close to the road network in the Åland Northeast Archipelago municipality Brändö. The hotel has 31 rooms, is open all year round and has a beautiful lake view from every room. For guests arriving by their own boats, Gullvivan’s guest harbour has room for 25 boats, and has all the services of the main hotel. Gullvivan’s customers can use their electric car charger for free.
There is no scheduled activity programme. Guests can enjoy the rural lifestyle by creating their own programme from the many options available:
- Miniature golf at the sea. Gullviva’s 12-hole mini golf course is just 50 meters from the main building.
- The hotel rents out boats with or without a motor. On the lake the visitors can enjoy the archipelago’s outstanding nature. The hotel chef will prepare a takeaway lunch for the outing upon request.
- Guided fishing trip. The fish guide knows the perfect spots – the visitors will be guided to get a good catch.
- Sport fishing cards can be bought for 3 days or for one week. The area is Brändö, Torsholma and Åva. Visitors can also buy a fishing card around Gullvia hotell, Björnholma.
- A relaxing sauna bath is available in the hotel sauna or at the beach.
- Guests can enjoy the fresh air and look at the stars at night, while barbecuing in the hotel’s BBQ-hut.