Mārcienas muiža manor hotel
A spa resort in a renovated manor house in the countryside. High standards of service in all fields, personal attitude, outstanding cuisine and luxurious interiors. The manor has a spa complex and offers spa procedures.
|Distance from Riga:||160 km|
|Address:||Lejas Patmalnieki, Mārciena, Mārcienas pag., Madonas nov., LV-4852, Latvia|
The Manor house: 4 Standard TWIN/DBL rooms | 2 Suite TWIN/DBL rooms
The SPA house: 6 Standard TWIN/DBL rooms | 1 Suite TWIN/DBL room
Hostel: shared WC and shower – 3 for women + 3 for men. 15 TWIN rooms
Blacksmith’s house: a private cottage with 1 bedroom (DBL bed), a living room, WC and shower, a small kitchen
SERVICES AND ATTRACTIONS ON SITE
- SPA complex: stone bath, pine bath, hay bath, sauna, mill contrast shower, cold pool, warm pool with counter-stream, Jacuzzi.
- Biomechanical stimulation procedures.
- Latvian country bath.
- Active leisure: croquet, bicycles, fishing, walking trails, children’s
playground, swimming, walking sticks, swing, catamaran, slide in the lake.
The Mārcienas muiža hotel restaurant offers the “old world,” Latvian and Baltic German dishes in a modern way. Fruit, vegetables, meat and fish come from the estate’s gardens and from local farmers.
PLACES OF INTEREST NEARBY
- Jānis Seiksts, a ceramist – Guests can visit the workshop, watch the craftsman at work, try their own hand at the process, and purchase clay objects, including garden ceramics. There is also a lovely garden to view.
- “Līvi” goat milk products – This is one of the largest goat farms in Latvia, with approximately 160 pedigree sheep (Alp, Anglo, German White Noble and other breeds), as well as pigs for breeding purposes. Guests can taste various kinds of cheese and watch how the goats are milked. Guests can also taste and purchase canned meat. No preservatives are ever added to the farm’s products.
- The Gaiziņkalns Hill – is the highest hill in Latvia. There is a well-appointed hiking trail around the Gaiziņkalns Hill. In winter the hill and its surroundings are popular for downhill and cross-country skiing.