TASTE THE FEELING OF LIVING WITH, AND WITHIN, NATURE
Package type: 2 days
Season: May–end of September
For whom: groups (min. 4–max. 14 pers.)
Services included: local wine and beer tasting + breakfast + accommodation
Duration of the programme: 2 days
Type of transport: individual transfer / tour bus
Public transportation: bus Rīga–Valmiera to Straupe bus stop (~1 h 25 min), walk 7 km
Address: Līčupes, Straupes pag., Cēsu nov.
Workshop and tasting: Wild’ness Retreat and Studio
Distance from the capital: Riga 81 km
Hosts: Yvonne & Eli
T.: +371 27269995
Wild’ness Retreat and Studio offers a truly authentic experience of Latvia reconnecting with the wilderness in the middle of the Gauja National Park on 13.5 ha of private forest. The Gauja National Park is listed as one of the top 10 places to visit in Latvia. Latvians are famous for using nearly everything found in meadows or forests for preparing the meal, so sometimes the Latvian countryside is called nature’s restaurant.
The hosts Yvonne and Eli fell in love with Latvian nature and culture and in 2017 moved from Canada to live their dream – be close to nature. Living and working with, and within, nature is their passion and they also created the space for others to come to enjoy and retreat. In their studio they handcraft a wide range of artisan and craft products – soaps, jewellery, furniture, home decor and much more. Everything is made with natural products often found in the forest, by the roadside, discarded from farmers and hunters and up-cycled in the studio.
The programme represents a relaxing holiday with the main focus on staying close to nature and enjoying the beautiful natural environment. Through leisurely socialising with Yvonne & Eli, guests will become a part of their rural lifestyle.
- Arrive at Wild’ness Retreat and Studio. The hosts (English speaking) will introduce the place and show around their studio and accommodation.
- Food and drink tasting. Socializing with the hosts – tasting local beer and wine, cheese and local products.
- Accommodation in a cabin or a glamping tent.
- Latvian breakfast preparation from products grown on local farms (eggs, bacon, bread etc).
- Free time enjoying the peace and environment around: gathering plants from the meadow (lemon mint, mint, camomile, hawthorn berries, lilac, strawberry leaves, blueberry leaves, nettle leaves, etc.) and making herbal tea.